How is your insurance premium decided? Here are some of the factors.
- Before giving you a premium price quote for your automobile coverage, insurance companies look at your driving record for the last three to five years.
- Your driving record reveals how risky you would be as an insured.
- Those with lots of tickets and/or accidents are considered more of a potential liability because statistically, they will get into more accidents and have more tickets in the future.
Safe Driving Pays:
- If you have no accidents or tickets (especially moving violations) on your record recently, you may be eligible for a lower rate.
- You may also be eligible for a significant discount after several years of good driving.
- You may also be eligible for an accident forgiveness program if you’ve gone several years without an accident on your record.
A good driving record can also reduce your deductible! For each year that you go without an accident or ticket, you may be eligible to do away with your deductible completely. This is extremely beneficial for those who elect a higher deductible in exchange for smaller premiums.