- Download an app that can show you the price of gas at each station in the area. However, be sure to choose a station before you drive so you won’t be distracted.
- Avoid idling for long periods. Idling for just one minute consumes the same amount of gas as starting your engine.
- Lighten your car by removing heavy items from your trunk to help improve your overall fuel economy.
- Get your vehicle’s fluids changed regularly
- Drive slower, as simply reducing your highway speeds can improve your fuel economy by about 20 percent.
- Compare fuel economy ratings when you’re buying or leasing a new vehicle.
BHC Insurance is proud to partner with you to take care of your vehicle. Need more info on auto insurance? Contact BHC today.