Fireworks are a staple at festivities for many Americans during the Independence Day weekend. Here are some safety suggestions to help you avoid accidents when using fireworks.
• Do not shoot fireworks off if you are under the influence of alcohol.
• Always have a hose or water bucket handy.
• Keep spectators a safe distance away.
• Show children how to properly hold sparklers, how to stay far enough away from other children and what not to do.
• Never try to relight a firework that didn’t properly ignite.
• Soak all firework debris in water before throwing it away.
• Do not carry fireworks in your pocket or shoot them from metal or glass containers.