Consider the following tips to protect your vehicle against theft.
• Never leave your vehicle running while it is unattended.
• Roll up your windows, lock your doors and remove keys whenever you are away from your vehicle.
• Don’t leave valuables in your vehicle, especially in plain sight.
• Look for well-lit areas or parking lots when parking.
• Install an anti-theft system in your vehicle if it doesn’t have one.
• Invest in vehicle immobilizer and vehicle tracking systems.
• Park your vehicle inside your garage. Consider installing motion sensor security lights to deter thieves if you cannot park in your garage.
In the unfortunate event that your vehicle is stolen, contact the police and your insurance company immediately. To review your current auto insurance and for more driving, contact us today.